The best way to learn new technologies is via comparing with the old and find out what has changed. In this post, find out the difference between ASP.NET MVC 5 and ASP.NET MVC Core 1.0 aka ASP.NET MVC 6. The difference list is quite long as ASP.NET Core 1.0 is re-written. The basic of MVC still remains the same and we can say that from coding perspective there aren’t many changes but there are framework level changes, project structure changes, hosting and deployment changes and many more. So let’s dive in.
ASP.NET MVC 5 vs ASP.NET MVC Core 1.0
- Project.json file in ASP.NET 5
- Various other JSON files in ASP.NET 5
- Why Yeoman for ASP.NET 5 applications?
- Visual Studio Code – new editor.
- DotNet 5.4 or .NET Platform Standards
- Difference between .NET Core and .NET Framework
- Difference between Gulp and Grunt